The Hornet Club serves to enhance the quality of participation for student athletes by providing strong support to help meet the needs of the athletic program of the College.
The goal of the Hornet Club is to increase the level of participation in and contributions to the Athletics Program to maintain the competitiveness and integrity of Lynchburg College athletics.
The purposes of the Hornet Club will be accomplished in accordance with the rules and regulations of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division III and the Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC).
To keep all interested parties informed about team and
individual achievements in all sports;
2. To build student, parent, campus, community, and donor support for athletic teams;
3. To focus on specific fundraising projects to support the needs of the Department of Athletics beyond the amount generally funded by the College; and
4. To increase the national and local visibility of Lynchburg College athletics.
Membership is open to any person who contributes annually to the Hornet Club as a student, alumnus/a, parent, or friend of the College.
The Hornet Club: A New Option for Giving
You can now support athletic programs at Lynchburg College by making a gift to the new Hornet Club, which provides special support to athletics above and beyond its yearly operating budget. Gifts to the Hornet Club support such needs as equipment, supplies, team uniforms, team travel expenses, recruiting costs, and major equipment and construction projects.
The Club has already positively affected seventeen of the twenty-two Lynchburg College varsity teams, and other projects are already scheduled. The following have recently been provided for the LC Athletics Program by the Hornet Club:
*A mobile, covered scorer’s table for home
*Wind screen for tennis courts
* Basketball shooting machine
* Four speakers for PA systems
* Two PA systems for outdoor sports
* Software package used to analyze LC’s teams and opponents
* Two digital cameras
* Four laptop computers
* Laser measuring device for track meets
* Volleyball uniforms
* Volleyball net
* Ten golf bags
* Cheerleading uniforms
* Softball pitching machine
* Softball windscreen
* Soccer software for scouting
* Field hockey jugs machine
* Baseball digital camera
* Golf practice green and sand trap
Board of Directors
The Hornet Club Board comprises alumni, faculty, staff, parents, coaches, student-athletes, director of athletics, vice president and dean of academic affairs, vice president of external affairs, and the director of the Hornet Club.
For Additional Information
Contact George Grzenda, Director, Hornet Club
at 434/544-8497 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org