For immediate release – 8/28/2012 - #010
LC Hornet Club Raises Impressive Totals
LYNCHBURG, VA – The Lynchburg College Hornet Club raised an impressive total of just over $35,000 for the 2011-12 academic year, with proceeds going directly to help LC’s athletic teams.
Items purchased throughout the year included:
- A New Shootaway Gun for men’s and women’s basketball (pictured)
- A set of four conditioning hurdles and batting helmets for the softball team
- Two positioning pillows and 2-way radios for the athletic training department
- Two battery-powered ball machines for the men’s and women’s tennis teams
- ODAC Championship plaques for men’s cross country, women’s soccer, field Hockey, baseball, men’s lacrosse and men’s indoor and outdoor track
- Pitching machine for softball
- Pitching machine for baseball
- Stick-heads for men’s lacrosse
- Funding for new baseball scoreboard
“We are very grateful for the support we have received from alumni, parents and friends,” said Hornet Club director George Grzenda. “Our donations were at a record level, allowing us to give over $34,000 to our athletic programs. This support has contributed to the many successes our student-athletes have accomplished. With the continued support, we will strive to maintain our high standards in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference and continue our quest for national recognition in all sports.”
For more information on the Hornet Club or to make a donation to help LC athletics, please visit: http://athletics.lynchburg.edu/information/hornetclub.