Score: Lynchburg 10, Southern Virginia 3
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Fox Field)
Records: Lynchburg (3-2), Southern Virginia (1-6)
Around the Horn
Lynchburg used a fast start in route to a 10-3 victory over Southern Virginia for the second time this season. Seven different Hornets recorded a hit and six pitchers saw action on the friendly confines of Fox Field Wednesday evening.
- Sophomore Jake Conner got the start for the Hornets as we went two innings to earn credit for the victory
- In the third inning the bats came alive again for Lynchburg with Katona driving in sophomore Thomas Powell
- Junior Matt Ward knocked in Katona off a single in the same inning to give the Hornets a 3-0 lead after three innings from Fox Field
- SVU would find its way on the scoreboard for the first time during the seventh inning to cut the Lynchburg lead to just two runs
- The Hornets answered with a seven runs in the eighth inning
- Things got interesting when Powell reached on fielding error which advanced a runner and scored Junior Dallas Johnson
- Katona and Ward would each add their second RBIs of the game during the slugfest
- Junior Luke Rodgers hit a two-run homerun over the right field fence to cap off the inning to secure their third win of the season
The Hornets will remain at Fox Field for a weekend double header when they play Penn-St.-Harrisburg with the first pitch slated for noon.