Score: Lynchburg 11, Franklin & Marshall 10
Location: Lancaster, Pa.
Records: Lynchburg 1-1, Franklin & Marshall 0-1
From the Face-Off
The Hornets got their first win of the season on Saturday against the Diplomats of Franklin & Marshall. The game featured two very good teams that battled from the opening face-off. Lynchburg managed to score the last four goals of the fourth quarter to overcome a 10-7 deficit and win the game.
- Sean Rogers scored twice in the first six minutes to give the Diplomats a 2-0 lead
- Senior Joey Giannaras quickly tied the score with a rocket sweeping across the middle
- Franklin & Marshall answered with two quick goals to end the first quarter with a 4-2 lead
- Thomas scored to open the half on an assist from junior Colin McGuire to make the score 6-5 with 10:19 remaining in the third quarter
- Franklin & Marshall answered with two goals in just over a minute to stretch the lead to 8-5 with 3:58 left in the 3rd quarter
- Senior midfielder Chris Camarca quickly answered with his first goal of the day dodging down the alley and slamming the ball into the low corner
- Thomas then scored his third goal of the day after beating his defender on the goal line
- Freshman Kevin Mollihan scored his second goal of the game with 31 seconds left in the third quarter to give the Diplomats a 9-7 lead going into the fourth quarter
- Teddy Bossidy scored to open the fourth quarter and give Franklin & Marshall a 10-7 lead with ten minutes remaining in the game
- McGuire brought the Hornets back to within one goal off an excellent individual effort on a ground ball with 4:06 remaining
- Thomas placed the ball right under the cross bar on a sidearm shot to tie the game with 3:08 remaining
- Dan Owens sprinted down the alley and stuck a bounce shot in the top corner of the goal to give Lynchburg their first lead and ended up being the game winning shot
Inside the Box Score
- Thomas scored four goals on five shots in the first start of his career
- Owens had 2 goals and 1 assist for the Hornets including the game winner
- Lynchburg goalie junior CJ Santora made 12 saves with a strong performance between the posts for the Hornets
- Sophomore Craig Koester won 14 of 24 face-offs for the Hornets
A Look Ahead
The Hornets return to action next weekend, hosting Cabrini University on February 25 at 1:00 p.m. on Shellenberger Field.