Score: Lynchburg College 21, Bridgewater College 4
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
Records: Lynchburg 3-2, Bridgewater 3-3
From the Face-Off
The Hornets traveled to Bridgewater College to take on the Eagles for their first Old Dominion Athletic Conference (ODAC) game of the season.
- Lynchburg jumped out to a 3-0 lead with two extra-man goals, first was sophomore Andrew Thomas on an assist from sophomore Evan Lombardo, then senior Dan Owens scored on an assist from senior Harrison Brennan
- Bridgewater answered quickly with Sean MacLeish scoring on an assist from Ryan McHugh
- Brennan scored his first goal of the day with just two seconds remaining in the first quarter to give the Hornets a 4-1 lead
- Brennan opened the scoring in the second quarter on a nice assist from Junior Colin McGuire
- Freshman Kevin Rogers fired a pass to Lombardo who finished behind the back to give the Hornets a 6-1 lead.
- Freshman midfielder Brooks Poli then scored the first goal of his career on an assist from sophomore Riv Lambert in transition.
- Brennan scored with nine seconds remaining in the first half as he scored coming around from behind the goal to make the score 9-2 Hornets heading into halftime
- Lynchburg scored the first three goals of the second half with Owens, O'Brien, and Brennan all finding the back of the net
- Chris Voorhees scored for Bridgewater on an assist from Jake Truman to make the score 12-3
- Junior Chase Boyer quickly answered for the Hornets scoring an unassisted goal dodging down the alley.
- Lynchburg would score the next four goals with Brennan, Lombardo, Owens, and freshman attackmen Colin Dean all tallying making the score 17-3 at the end of the third quarter
- Freshman midfielder Michael Githens dodged down the alley and shot low too high to score the first goal of his career to open the fourth quarter
- Sophomore midfielder Andrew Gross scored his first goal of the season to make the score 21-
Inside the Box Score
- Harrison Brennan had a career high five goals while adding two assists
- Evan Lombardo scored four goals and had two assists
- Kevin Rogers assisted on three goals for the Hornets
- Craig Koester won 12 of 18 face-offs for the Hornets
A Look Ahead
Next the Hornets travel to Stevenson, Md. to compete in the Mustang Classic hosted by Stevenson University. Lynchburg will play seventh ranked Stevenson on Friday at 8 pm. and fifth ranked Amherst College on Saturday at 5:30 p.m.