Lynchburg, Va. -- Five different Hornets scored as Lynchburg College's men's soccer team took care of business against visiting Shenandoah, 5-0, to notch an Old Dominion Athletic Conference victory Wednesday night.
Lynchburg amassed 30 shots on the evening on its way to a sixth-straight shutout win.
Final: Lynchburg 5, Shenandoah 0
Records: Lynchburg (9-1-1, 3-0 ODAC), Shenandoah (2-8-1, 0-2-1 ODAC)
Venue: Shellenberger Field, Lynchburg College, Lynchburg, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Fredy Flores (Alexandria, Va.) got the scoring started for Lynchburg, finishing Jack Ashby's (Lewes, Del.) cross past the diving keeper for the game's first goal in the sixth minute. Flores leads the team with six goals this season.
- Collin Kashmer (Halifax, Va.) followed suit in the eighth minute, corralling a rebound and finishing.
- Lynchburg's third goal was Jon Mackey's (Leesburg, Va.) third of the season. The senior floated a direct kick over the defense from 21 yards out in the 26th minute.
- Junior Austin Kues (High Point, N.C.) added Lynchburg's fourth goal just four minutes later, chasing down a loose ball in the box and finishing in the left side of the goal.
- Sherman Mitchell (Southbury, Conn.) added the exclamation point with just six seconds to go in the match. The sophomore beat the SU defense to the ball and finished low to bring the score to its final standing.
Lynchburg will hit the road to Bridgewater College on Saturday, Oct. 7 for a 7 p.m. ODAC clash.