Score: Lynchburg 70, Washington & Lee 46
Location: Lexington, Va. (Warner Center)
Records: Lynchburg (12-3, 6-0), Washington & Lee (7-7, 3-3)
40 Minutes Later
The Hornets extend their winning streak to five games after crushing the Generals of Washington & Lee on their home court, 70-46. Lynchburg's bench came up big, scoring 31 points compared to their counterparts who netted only 11. The frontcourt for the Hornets dominated the paint and even found success from beyond the arc.
- Sophomore Molly Shephard tallied a career-high 17 points on 7-11 shooting including going 2-2 from three-point land
- Scoring 11+ points in five of the last six games, junior Olivia DeFrancesco scored 11 (4-4 FT) and dished out four assists, a block and a steal
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- The Hornets outscored the Generals in the paint, 32-14
- Boasting the best defense in the ODAC, Lynchburg held the W&L to a season-low 46 points
- Hairston's six assists were a season-high while Shephard matched a season-high with three steals
A Look Ahead
Next Wednesday two of the top teams in the ODAC will face off when the Hornets travel to Emory, Va. to take on the Emory & Henry. The Wasps are currently tied with Guilford in 2nd place with a conference record of 5-1. The game will begin at 5:00 p.m. on Bob Johnson Court at the King Center.