Score: Randolph-Macon 77, Lynchburg 75
Location: Ashland, Va. (Crenshaw Gymnasium)
Records: Randolph-Macon (12-10, 7-7), Lynchburg (18-5, 12-2)
40 Minutes Later
The Hornets and Yellow Jackets engaged in an instant classic on Saturday, with a late three pointer from Randolph-Macon being the decisive bucket in a tight contest. The Hornets had three players in double figures but the Yellow Jackets bench came up big, outscoring their counterparts, 35-11.
- Dropping in a career-high 25 points, junior Caroline Naumann also ripped down six rebounds and collected three assists
- Following today's game, sophomore Molly Shephard has now scored 10+ points in six of the last seven games, finishing with 20 points to go along with five rebounds and three steals
- Senior Sarah Coronel filled the stat sheet registering 14 points, nine rebounds, three assists, four steals and two blocks
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Following the loss, the Hornets drop into second place in the ODAC
- Lynchburg caused 28 turnovers and turned the Yellow Jackets mistakes into 23 points
A Look Ahead
Looking to bounce back, the Hornets will return to Turner Gymnasium and try to stay undefeated at home as they play host to Roanoke College next Wednesday, Feb. 15th. The Hornets and Maroons are set to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.