Score: #8 Cabrini 13, #20 Lynchburg 7
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Shellenberger Field)
Records: Cabrini (2-0), Lynchburg (1-2)
From the Face-Off
Lynchburg fell to Colonial State Athletic Conference (CSAC) opponent Cabrini, 13-7, on Shellenberger Field Saturday afternoon. The Hornets and Cavaliers were tightly contested in the first half before Cabrini outscored Lynchburg 7-1 in the second half.
- Cabrini got on the board in the first two minutes but the Hornets had an answer when freshman Kevin Rogers evened the game at one apiece at the 10:15 mark
- The back and forth battle was underway when Cabrini answered just 10 seconds later
- Sophomore Seamus McDonald would put the Hornets back up with 14:13 left in quarter two
- Cabrini would go on a 2-0 run from 12:34 to 10:45 to go up on the Hornets 4-3.
- Cabrini would control the rest of the quarter as they scored the next four goals to take a four-goal lead into the final quarter
- The Cavaliers would score the last two goals to end the half up 6-5
- Both teams exchanged goals in the opening minutes of the third quarter to keep the Hornets down by a goal, senior Joey Giannaras netted the Lynchburg goal
- Cabrini would go on a 6-0 run from the 9:49 mark in the third quarter all the way into the 12:01 mark of the fourth quarter to put the Cavaliers ahead 12-6
- Senior Chris Camarca would chip into the lead with 8:57 left in the fourth quarter but it wouldn't be enough as the Cavaliers would net one more to secure the 13-7 victory
Inside the Box Score
- Seven different Hornets scored a goal today
- Junior goalie CJ Santora made 15 saves for Lynchburg
- The Hornets were 18-20 on clears while Cabrini was 16-18
- Both defenses were on point on Saturday as the teams went a combined 0-5 in man-up opportunities
A Look Ahead
The Hornets return to action next weekend when they travel to nationally ranked York College for a 1 p.m. start.