Score: Lynchburg 82, William Peace 62
Location: Lynchburg, Va. (Turner Gymnasium)
Records: LC 1-0, WPU 0-1
40 Minutes Later: With solid play from the front court players and four players scoring in double digits, the Hornets secure a victory in the season opener against William Peace.
- Sophomore Molly Shephard came off the bench and led the Hornets with a double-double, scoring 15 points and snagging 10 rebounds.
- Shooting nearly 63.6% from the floor to go along with eight rebounds, junior Brittany Afolabi-Brown set career highs in points with 14 and rebounds finishing with eight.
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- In the opening quarter, the women held the Pacers to only eight points while draining eight buckets and five free throws for 24 points.
- The Hornets outperformed the Pacers from beyond the arc shooting 33.3% compared to the Pacers 14.3%.
- Lynchburg never let William Peace hold a lead and secured their largest advantage in the closing seconds of the 3rd quarter, going up 29 points at 66-37.
A Look Ahead
Up next for the Hornets is a trip to Ashland, Va. for the Randolph-Macon Tip-Off Tournament where the women will open play with a tilt against Greensboro College on Friday, Nov. 18th at 8:00 p.m.