Score: Lynchburg 59, Mary Washington 69
Location: Fredericksburg, Va. (Ron Rosner Arena)
Records: Lynchburg (2-2), Mary Washington (4-0)
40 Minutes Later
The Hornets headed into halftime up but Mary Washington came out firing and built a lead in the third. The Hornets responded by doubling up the Eagles in the fourth and even had a chance in the waning seconds to finish off the upset but could not convert the game-winning shot. After hanging with the #21 team in the nation for 40 minutes, the Hornets could not find a groove in the extra period as Mary Washington seemed to make everything and slowly pulled away for the victory.
- The Hornets were led by junior Caroline Naumann who notched her first double-double of the season, finishing with 18 points and 11 boards
- Mary Washington dominated the paint, outrebounding (48-36) and outscoring (30-20) Lynchburg
- Quick hands and great awareness helped Lynchburg net 19 points off of the 21 turnovers they caused
- After scoring 17 points Tuesday night, senior Charmaine Hairston leads the team with 13.3 PPG while also shooting 92.9% from the free throw line
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Following the game at Mary Washington, Lynchburg leads the ODAC in FT%, shooting 76.3% from the charity strike so far this season
- Hairston now ranks fifth in the ODAC for 3PT%, shooting 37.5% from beyond the arc through four games
A Look Ahead
With a few days off for Thanksgiving, the Hornets will get back into the swing of things next week opening up ODAC play with a trip to Shenandoah on Tuesday, Nov. 29 and a home contest against Hollins on Thursday, Dec. 1. Both games are set to tip-off at 7:00 p.m.