Score: Marymount (Va.) 69, Lynchburg 42
Location: Nashville, Tenn. (Trojan Fieldhouse)
Records: Marymount (Va.) (8-2), Lynchburg (7-3)
40 Minutes Later
Traveling to Nashville, Tennessee, the Hornets looked to continue their winning streak which sat at five heading into the opening game of the Music City Classic but the Saints of Marymount (Va.) had different plans. The Saints, who are receiving votes in the most recent D3Hoops.com rankings, kept the Hornets to just 42 points and held the advantage in nearly every statistical category.
- For the fourth time this season, junior Olivia DeFrancesco scored over 10 points, finishing with 12 points which was accompanied by three assists, three steals and three rebounds
- Senior Charmaine Hairston has now scored 10+ points in all but one game for the Hornets this season and is averaging 20.3 points/game in the past three games
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- The 27.1% shooting from the floor was the worst for the Hornets on the season
- With her 10 rebounds, Naumann now sits in fifth in the ODAC in rebounds, swiping 8.6/game
- Lynchburg boasts the second-best FT% in the conference, shooting 70.3% from the charity stripe
A Look Ahead
The Hornets will close out the Music City Classic facing off against the Mustangs of Stevenson University tomorrow, Dec. 30th at 7:00 p.m. Click here to listen to the LHSN coverage of the game.