Score: Lynchburg 77, Stevenson 61
Location: Nashville, Tenn. (Trojan Fieldhouse)
Records: Lynchburg (8-3), Stevenson (6-5)
40 Minutes Later
After falling in the first game of the Music City Classic, the Lynchburg Women's Basketball team bounced back with a convincing 16-point victory over Stevenson University, 77-61. Four Hornets handed in double digit scoring performances in one of the best scoring nights the Hornets have had this season.
- Freshman Carolyn Noe continues to impress in her first year, recording a career-high in points (12), FG (5) and minutes (27) in Friday night's victory
- Coming off a solid performance against Marymount (Va.), junior Olivia DeFrancesco matched her season-high in points with 14 to go along with three rebounds and five assists
- Junior Caroline Naumann fell one rebound short of a double-double, swiping nine rebounds while netting 11 points
- In the frontcourt with Naumann was junior Brittany Afolabi-Brown who registered 13 points and 8 rebounds
Beyond the Stat Sheet
- Lynchburg had the best shooting night of the season, going 27-52 (51.6%) from the floor including 3-7 from beyond the arc
- Outrebounding teams has helped the Hornets be as successful as they have been and Friday night was no different as they held the advantage over the Mustangs, 41-28
- This is the second straight year the women have ended the calendar with a year. They defeated N.C. Wesleyan, 77-50, exactly one year ago today
A Look Ahead
The Hornets will ring in the New Year with the beginning of ODAC play as they host the conference's top-scoring offense, Guilford College, on Jan. 4th in Turner Gymnasium at 7:00 p.m.